Tuesday, July 27, 2010

1,600 meters = 1 mile

Today I was at the YMCA with my rising 6th graders and as I glided through the water swimming laps numbers 1 - 64 I had to keep telling myself to just keep swimming. I felt like Dory in Finding Nemo. Its' hot here peeps. And that means the water is hot and the air is stagnant and I feel virtually zapped of all available energy. I found myself wishing for swimming to be easier, for running to be easier, for work to be easier, for life in general to be... just a bit easier!

Wouldn't it be great to get exactly what I wanted for just one day?

I mentioned my thoughts to Mr. R and he reminded me of Henry the 8th, (we have been watching the TV show The Tudors recently), who had everything he ever wanted at his fingertips. And he was a spoiled, miserable, gluttonous, pig of a man.

I really hate it when Mr. R is right, but he does have a point. Work is supposed to be hard so that we may take pride the salary we are paid for our endeavors. Exercise is supposed to be challenging so that we can continuously strive to be stronger, better and faster. And take pride in what we have accomplished. Love is supposed to be difficult at times so that we cherish how sweet it is when times are good.
On a random note, I made Pioneer Woman's comfort meatballs and classic mac & cheese for dinner tonight. I think I ate every single activity point I earned today, but they were delicious. The pictures don't do the food justice.
I think these meatballs could make Paula Dean cry,
and they aren't even fried!

No comments:

Post a Comment