Sunday, July 4, 2010

And that's OKAY!

A fellow blogger, Kate, posted recently that she is learning to deal with the unexpected and embrace the unplanned and imperfect. She has actually made the phrase "...and that's okay!" her new motto.
This weekend, Mr. R and I were off on a road trip to visit family and see the hills of upstate South Carolina. It didn't work out as planned. We missed out on BBQing and fireworks, and we ended up spending 14 hours in the car and only 12 hours at our destination.
And that's okay!
This weekend was definitely different from the plans that I had imagined. And that's okay! The good news is, We did get to see Mr. R's grandparents, pick lots of blueberries, have pancakes, and see a few new sites.
And just when I started to sulk about missing out of the fireworks over Lake Hartwell our neighbors put on an amazing show that I can watch from the puppy park. It's not downtown or Disney world, but that's okay! Because we are finally home and Mr. R. bought me dinner.
And lastly, I found my Eugenia Kim hat. (This is the very same hat I have been stalking and trying to buy for over a month! And it was on clearance 50% off!)
And that's MORE than OKAY!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, my weekend was nowhere near what I planned either...and it's OKAY! I still had a good one, as did you.

    ReplyDelete