Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 7: 3 miles, H&M, and visits

  • Dear H&M, I miss you and your inexpensive designer mock-ups. Your polka-dot tops make my knees week and I am falling head over heels for your floral print dresses and parisian inspired tops. I need you to further our cash based courtship and move to Jacksonville where I can visit you more often. I know this means that I will no longer be able to see my other loves such as Express and GAP, but I promise if you give Jacksonville a chance, I will forget about those other stores and give you 100% shopping commitment.
  • In running news....this morning I was all set for a 3 mile run, but my calves and shins were not having it. On the treadmill I powered through 2 miles, but by the 2.25 y shins and calves were screaming and I was in need of a good stretch. The gym I am using this week has actual stretch machines with a segment of stretches you do in a 15 minute period so I decided to give that a whirl. After stretching and a break for an ab workout, I was able to run the last mile and call an end to my workout... so in short, the streak is still going strong.
  • Visits with friends: I must admit that I don't go back home to NJ very often. My family has no problem traveling to Florida to see us so Mr. R and I do not find a need to head up to Jersey very often. The downside of this is we don't see our old friends and neighbors nearly as much as we should. Today I had the pleasure of visiting the Mikus family. They are truly my seconds parents. They have been their for all of my big life moments and it just felt like home as I stepped through their door. It is sometimes so nice to step back in time for a bit. The Mikus house always reminds me of high school and Michelle's wedding in 2001. Its hard to believe Michelle has been married for 9 years! And that miss Katie is turning 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment