Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Days 8 and 9:


Day 8: One of the perks of coming home is that my mom belongs to an INCREDIBLE gym with a great schedule of classes. This morning I opted for a stretching class, "on the ball", where you stretch your core and legs a giant exercise ball and Zumba. On the ball was great for my tired legs, but Zumba was a clear favorite.
Moving on to running, post Zumba I ran a quick three miles with a 1-minute walk break every 4 minutes. I think the walk breaks got me through.


Day 9: Spin class! I know I promised you 21 days of running, but I had the opportunity to take a 1 on 1 spin class today with an excellent instructor. Thanks so much Kathleen! She was fantastic and even included arm and ab work in her class.

In my head I planned to run a quick 2 miles later in the day, but I ended up furniture shopping with my Mom, (she is the proud owner of a new beachy chair and couch!) and catching up on DVRed episodes of Drop Dead Diva.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it matters what your exercise is as long as you're doing it. I have yet to try Zumba; it seems to be all the rage and I hear it's pretty intense. Sounds like your mom's gym is awesome!

    ReplyDelete