Monday, December 17, 2012

The Weekend Lens

Friday: We made our annual pilgrimage to Winter Wonderland. We visited the Elf Villages, I said "Hello!" to Santa while Pip buried her head in my neck and cried. And then we rode the mini train to see the lights and inflatables. We stopped by the ice rink to visit with the skaters and then we took our exhausted girl home.  She crashed as soon as we walked in the door.
Saturday: Pip had me up at 5:30 and decided it was a tiara worthy Saturday.  I made my meal plan for the week and was at Publix grocery store as soon as they opened. I am back on the green smoothie band wagon. Simon pulled a muscle on Saturday and had to lay low all weekend. I had a day date with Grandmother to see the Nutcracker. I had forgotten how beautiful the dancing is! I am so glad she agreed to join me for the afternoon.
Saturday night: I can home from the ballet to sick Pip. She was cranky, teething, and just wanted to be held. We had plans Saturday night with friends, but decided to stay in. We spent Saturday night reading books, having a couch tea party, and after Pip went to bed Mr. R. and I had a DVR New Girl Marathon. New girl + gelato (they are buy one get one at Publix right now) = not a bad night after all.
Sunday: We made it to church ON TIME, which is quite a feat these days. I made eggnog pancakes, we took naps, Jeff cheered on the Cowboys to a win, I made cookies, and we continued our nightly tradition of Christmas advent stories. 

9 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment