Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful 6: Thankful I can VOTE.

I am so thankful that I live in a country where as a woman I can vote and my vote counts equally to that of a man. I am thankful that our elections are taken seriously and that the American people really do have a voice. I am thankful that my vote is private and I do not have to worry about my safety if I vote against a popular elected official. I am thankful that our nation was founded on a democracy. And I am even more thankful that so many have died trying to protect our democratic existence.
This year I voted against President Obama. I voted against him because I feel his plan is killing our economy. With a husband who works in government procurement our household is keenly aware of what Obamacare and the failed stimulus package have done to our government and the American people. I am thankful that after a four year trial period I have the ability to vote out our leaders or keep them in office. 
Whether you agree or disagree with my political stance I encourage you to vote. You have a voice, you have the power to change not only your future, but our future as a nation. 
Pictures taken on October 27th, the first day of early voting in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment