Sunday, July 1, 2012

How is it Sunday?

Not working this summer is messing with my grasp on the day to day. The days keep passing me by, but I am not complaining in the least. I love that my summer is basically one long weekend. Everyday should be a saturday:)

Thursday the rain finally stopped and we stepped outside into the sunshine. It was GLORIOUS and HOT! We have spent the majority of our afternoon and evenings at the pool. Even Piper has tan lines! (Don't worry I am lathering her up with 50 spf).
Friday was our last day volunteering at Vacation Bible School and we had Miss Rita for the afternoon. I wish I could say I did something frivolous and fun with my time away from Pip, but instead I cleaned the house. And by cleaned I mean crazy cleaned. You can eat on my floors and do the white glove test on my furniture and the baseboards. I LOVE the smell of clean house and clean laundry. We have both right now.
I also found this recipe for a cheater clean house smell.

  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 lemon sliced (or 1/4 c. lemon juice)
  • 1 Tbs. of vanilla extract 
  • 2 -3 springs of rosemary
  • You bring this mixture to a boil in a small sauce pan and then let it simmer all day. You will need to keep adding water every hour or so. 

Your house will smell just like Williams and Sonoma, amazing!

Saturday, Mr. R. had his MBA program orientation. It happened to be held near our Town Center (read outdoor mall) and I offered to drive him so that Pip and I could do some shopping. I scored a green army jacket from the Gap (regular $80 on clearance and then another 40% off), final price $27! I was on cloud 9.

We were supposed to have a date last night, but I have been feeling off. Not sick, just not quiet right. I opted for pizza and several episodes of McMillan and Wife. I am loving 70's sitcoms right now. Thank you Netflix for providing a plethora to choose from.

Today brings a much needed day or rest, exercise, and more pool time.

And Happy July 1st!
Any fun plans on the horizon for the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment