Sunday, July 29, 2012

Smoothie Kick

I have been drinking the green smoothie for breakfast a couple of time a week for a year now and by this summer I was just SICK of it. I hopped off the smoothie bandwagon in June and hadn't thought much about them since. But then, my grandfather had surgery a few weeks ago and had to be on an all liquid diet for one week.I decided to make him a few smoothies to break up the all liquid monotony. 
 Of course I made my green smoothie: one banana, one cup of spinach, one cup of frozen pineapples or mango, and 1/2 cup of orange juice (OJ). But I also branched out and tried a few new to me recipes. 
Blueberry Banana: one cup of blueberries, one banana, one 6 oz container of blueberry yogurt, one half to one cup of milk.
Mango Pineapple: one cup of frozen pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks, one banana, one half to one cup of OJ
Wild berry: one cup of mixed berries, one cup strawberries, one 6 oz. strawberry yogurt, one cup OJ
Raspberry: one cup mixed berries, one cup raspberries (mine were frozen), one raspberry or mixed berry yogurt, half cup of OJ.

I have been drinking a smoothie everyday for breakfast since I tried these new recipes and I have to say I am in love the mango pineapple and the wild berry. I also add a scoop of protein powder to mine to make me feel full until lunch.  
Do you smoothie? If so what is your favorite recipe?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite would be anything with blueberries and bananas...Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberries are a favorite of Mr. R. too!

    ReplyDelete