Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful for running...


I am not running very far or very fast these days, but it still feels good. Today was all about three miles which were not as easy as I thought they would be. But the sweat felt good, the need for an internal pep talk felt good, seeing those miles tick down felt good. And the calories burned.... felt GREAT!
Running makes me feel like me.
It makes me feel free from the weight of work and emails and deadlines.
Running makes me feel strong and sexy.
And to be totally honest, running makes me tired.
The shower, my new body wash, and my soft (so incredibly soft) bed are calling me.

Here's hoping you make time for a little "me-time" this week as well!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for running!
    I used to HATE it, but decided that it truly is one of my life's great pleasures. Not always, but usually.
    Kudos to you for getting those three miles in. Nothing beats those post exercise endorphins.
    Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete