Monday, November 15, 2010

It's my favorite time of year...

not just because Christmas music is on the radio and Target looks like a winter wonderland. But because COSTCO is now stocking EGGNOG!

And you know what that means, EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST!
I am not a fan of EGGNOG the drink or plain French Toast, but when you combine the two I can't get enough! I ate three pieces for dinner and I am already dreaming about eating more for breakfast. If you want to make the recipe from scratch, allrecipes.com has a great version found here.
But, if you are like me, (and you just ran three miles, and you feel like you might DIE if you have to wait more than 15 minutes for dinner), pour the eggnog out of the carton and into a pie plate, soak day old Italian bread for 5 minutes. Put the soaked bread in a buttered (or in my cases PAM-ed) frying pan and cook both sides for 4-5 minutes.
We also had a frittata for dinner made with leftover potatoes, bacon, tomatoes, onion, and shredded cheddar. I think eggs taste so much better for dinner than with breakfast.
What's your favorite holiday food?

2 comments:

  1. I totally prefer heavy, breakfasty foods for dinner. Egg nog french toast sounds wonderful. I just might have to try it.

    I'm not sure I have a favorite holiday food. I like them all! I suppose though, that I really love cranberry sauce around the holidays. I never eat it, otherwise. Oooh, and peppermint bark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that French toast looks delicious. I think it's time to go make dinner!

    ReplyDelete