I need to just put it out there that my mom is AMAZING. She is the the South Jersey Martha Stewart. She makes holidays magical... with gorgeous decorations, homemade meals, and gifts that are thoughtful, meaningful, and memorable.
Growing up my mom always made or bought an advent calendar every year. It was the HIGHLIGHT of my Christmas season. I loved counting down the days to Christmas. Some years we counted down with chocolate and others we counted down with activities.
This year I decided to follow in the footsteps of my mom and create an advent calendar for the Republican household.
I used a tutorial by Ali Edwards and made ornaments with pictures on the front and activities on the back.
And the activities are...
- Make a Christmas treat to take of the 7th grade team and send to Mr. R's co-workers.
- Host the grandparents for dinner and Christmas music.
- Pick a name from the giving tree @ school/church.
- Make a small stocking. Drop it off on someone’s door as a surprise.
- Make and address Christmas cards.
- Donate to goodwill.
- Decorate gingerbread houses with friends.
- Make matzo ball soup and celebrate the Hanukkah miracle.
- Take food to a local food pantry.
- Decorate our tree.
- Go downtown to see the Christmas lights. Get Starbucks red cups.
- Ice Skating at the Amphitheater.
- Watch a Christmas Story and order Chinese Food (tradition)
14. Visit Bethlehem (in PonteVedra 12/10 or 12/11)
15. Finish Christmas Shopping
16. Go to a Christmas concert/performance
17. Host a gift wrapping night
18. Make hot buttered rum
19. Eggnog French Toast for breakfast or dinner
20. Carriage Ride in downtown St. Augustine
21. See Disney decorated for Christmas
22. Go on a tour of neighborhood lights
23. Attend the Holiday Regatta of Lights (downtown)
24. Go the the World Golf Village Festival of Trees
25. Attend the grand illumination