Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4: Buttered Noodles are the new fave.

I am still fighting off this nasty cold and food is really the last thing I want to think about let alone touch. Mr. R, concerned for my health and my lack of nutrition, made one of my single girl dinners tonight.

I have a few recipes from my single girl days. The days when dinner could be a bowl of cereal and breakfast was
sometimes cold pizza and a beer.

One of my absolute favorite dinners from my college and grad school days is butter noodles with peas, plenty of black pepper and cheddar cheese. If you are starting to sneer in disgust at my combination, you are clearly mistaken. You can't knock it until you at least try it!

Mr. R thinks the only reason I like it so much is because it is super cheap to make and can feed me for a week. He thinks subconsciously my wallet is forcing my brain to like the combo of starch, starch, butter, and cheese. I say that as a carb girl how could I not like something that has carbs and starch as the first two ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment