Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12: Family dinner.

Tonight we were invited to dinner and my grandparents house. We ordered take-out from Osteen's which just might be my favorite place on earth. It's a whole in the wall shrimp shack with the best pole beans and squash casserole you will ever taste. The shrimp rocks too.

My grandparents are old school die-hard Republicans that watch too much Glenn Beck and can quote Thomas Sole. They are depression era savers with a panache for traveling and infomercial gadgets.
They also believe all the world's problems can be solved through good parenting, higher education, and a strong moral code. I can't say I disagree with their philosophy. We chatted about politics, the 2010 election, the sheer stupidity of newly elected Senator John Thrasher, and local yard sales.

We ended our evening with key-lime pie, coffee, and a thorough dissection of proper grammar and the use of personal pronouns.I can only hope I am as well informed, educated, and sensible when I hit 85.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for yummy food and great time with family!

    ReplyDelete