Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2: Belly full of protein... yuck!

So I have this cold, actually I am pretty sure its more than a cold. My nose won't stop running. I am losing my voice. And My throat is feeling thick like I just drank two gallons of milk followed by a block of cheese as a chaser. I don't feel like cooking. To be honest, I really don't feel like eating either.

I bought protein powder on a friend's suggestion. She mixes it into her smoothies and says it keeps her full until lunch. I am not a big fan of the taste or its inability to actually mix with water. (Some of it mixes while the other makes these hard chunks that kind of float around in the glass). But, Kate was right. The protein totally fills me up and keeps me full until lunch, which is more than I can say for my morning oats.

In the idea of being honest, I need to tell you that I may have been substituting protein water for 2 of my daily meals this week, and yesterday I actually had it for all three. (DO NOT DO THIS!) The idea of not cooking sounds amazing, but trust me. All of the protein will not only make your stomach swell so that you look 5 months pregnant. It will also give you enough gas to make your husband threaten to sleep in the guest room. And you will have a stomach ache that lasts for two full days.

I always joke that I would love to be like the Jetsons and have my food come in pill form, that way cooking would be totally optional or better yet, obsolete. But until that day comes, I guess its back to the stove for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment