Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guilt-free Tailgating

It's play-off season and Mr. R. is a buzz with predictions over who will win and who will lose. 
His pick is the Packers. I am hoping for the Saints.

I love football season for the tailgating parties and the food. However, my waistline does not approve of my over indulgence in dips, chips, buffalo wings, burgers, and fries. 

I am all about finding ways to still eat my favorites without feeling the guilt or gaining the weight. Today's creation stems from my love of buffalo wings. 
 My solution Buffalo Chicken Salad:
1. Chopped chicken breasts combined with hot sauce (1/2 cup) and 1 Tbs. of smart balance butter. (Melt the butter, add the hot sauce, whisk to combine, add your chopped chicken, cook long enough to coak you chicken and heat it through)
2. Salad: greens (romaine or spring mix), carrots and celery (of course), red onion, tomato, and low-fat/no-fat blue cheese dressing.
3. Top your salad with the buffalo chicken mixture.
4. I served ours with a side of oven baked potato wedges. 

We are currently watching Denver v. Pittsburg. I love Polamalu, but this year Mr. R. and Pip are rooting for Tebow. He is a hometown boy after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment