Friday, August 26, 2011

On Wednesday we went swimming.

After teaching all day and being up since 4AM, the most logical thing to do would be to take the baby swimming right? Just nod and smile OK. In truth, I love taking Piper to the pool. I get to have her all to myself and we walk, talk, sing songs, and we work on her kicking and neck strength. Pip hates tummy time, but she will gladly float on her belly in the pool, thus strengthening her neck muscles and causing her to hold her head up for longer periods of time.
 The community pool was COMPLETELY empty. We stayed for 35-40 minutes and had an entire lap pool to ourselves. (I probably shouldn't be blogging that fact, since I am trying to convince the very cheap thrifty Mr. R. that we NEED a pool.) And afterwards we came home she donned her pajamas, had dinner, and promptly slept for 6 hours. Swimming is where its at peeps. I will gladly swim everyday if it grants me a healthy, happy, sleepy baby.
In other news, Piper now hates be contained in any way. Forget trying to strap her in the car seat or the stroller. Girlfriend will scream bloody murder. Right now we are in battle of wills. She can scream, but mama can also by ear plugs.

1 comment:

  1. Swimming makes kids hungry and tired, that's for sure. I'm glad you two had so much fun at the pool.
    Caroline, like Piper, didn't like being strapped in, either. It made going anywhere quite stressful. Stock up on those ear plugs!

    ReplyDelete