Monday, August 8, 2011

I'll love you forever

There is a beautiful book titled I'll Love You Forever. My mom gave me this book for Christmas when I was 10. She read it with tears in her eyes. I didn't really understand the magnitude of the message until I had Piper. 
I will love my Mom forever. 
I will like her for always. 
As long as I am living. 
My Mom she will be. 
Taken from the book: 
"When the son came home that night, he stood for a long time at the top of the stairs. Then he went into the room where his very new baby daughter was sleeping. He picked her up in his arms and very slowly rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while he rocked her he sang... I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
 As I look at Piper each day, I realize there is nothing that could change my love for her.
I really will love her forever. 
And as long as I am alive, she will be my baby. 

3 comments:

  1. I also received the book from my mom; I think I was a tween at the time.

    Please make sure to share this book with our mutual friend Danielle! I mentioned this book to her (and a group that we were with) last summer (at Lisa's, if she needs reminding), and NO ONE knew of this book! I couldn't believe it, and meant to get everyone a copy, but forgot until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you know how to make a pregnant lady cry! Now that you posted about this book I remember Sharon talking about this book with tears in her eyes, just like she said. Give my love to the little one! Excited to see you on Friday! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I am so buying you a copy of that book for your baby shower. You and Little J NEED a copy. So sad I missed you today!

    ReplyDelete