Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nanny Faye

I am a big believer in the idea that it takes a village to raise a child. I think I like the idea of having a village because it gives Jeff and I some help in shaping and molding our daughter. It's a relief to know that 100% of the parenting pressure isn't resting just on our shoulders. The members of our village include family (of course), my neighbors from back home in NJ, our church family from 1st Assembly of God in Millville, a few college friends, My bestie Nicole, teacher friends from here in Florida, the rockin' Jacobson's, a few good Republicans from Mr. R.'s camp, and our extended Florida family that hails from Good News Church. 
Nanny Faye is part of our extended family. She and her husband Cal also play a big role in our village. 
 I don't know if Piper will ever know how lucky she is to have so many people who love her. Faye has loved her since she was a cell in my womb. She prayed for her all throughout my pregnancy. And now that she is on "the outside". She is continuously loved and rocked by her 2nd Great Grandmother. 
Yes, Miss Pip is one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment