Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Totally made my Tuesday...


Love is all you need.
The Republicans way back in 2005

Mr. R is currently in DC, but we are finding ways to stay connected. Whether its just a phone call, text, or quick email to say Hi.
Mr. R works in Northern Va and his commute revolves around route 66 the main highway for Arlington & Fairfax, Va. When we both lived in DC, we would leave the apartment at the same time and I would follow Mr. R onto the highway and we would stay together until he exited onto Route 7 and my drive continued for another 20 minutes. Right before he would exit, I would wave and blow a kiss. Silly I know, but it was our routine. Just a way we stayed connected during long work days and crazy grad school night course schedules.

Today Mr. R made the same commute and said he missed my little scion following him down the highway this morning. He missed the excitement of the blown kiss and my crazy waving as I passed him.
Our little routine was simple... our wave and kiss were silly at best... but the memories we made and the connection we have now, totally made my day!

And us again in 2006

1 comment:

  1. Your story is really sweet. It's the little things we remember most. I avoid that 66 area like the plague, much like 95/295/395/495. I'd REALLY love Northern VA if it weren't for all the traffic. Thankfully my husband's commute is 3 miles. A lot of our neighbors work in DC or at the Pentagon, which involves either a terrible drive or being stuffed into the Metro every day. Blech. I hope you're reunited with Mr. Republican very soon!

    ReplyDelete