Monday, October 18, 2010

Guess who's coming to dinner...

Elva & Johnny that is!
Tonight we hosted my grandparents for a casual Monday night dinner. It as great to see them and catch up. We live less than 1/2 a mile apart, but the weeks don't always allow enough time for a proper visit.
I wanted to make an easy people pleasing dinner so I opted for pasta salad (minus the egg) and pizza pockets (subbing pepperoni for the sausage). It's a great meal that can be served at room temperature and doesn't contain anything spicy or out of the ordinary.
We ate, we talked, we laughed... we dissected all of the outcomes of election 2010. We have bets going that the Republicans will pick up 50-55 seats in the house and 8 in the senate. The Morris clan also feels like Harry Reid will bite the dust and this will be the last we see of Mrs. Pelosi and that 21 million dollar plane.

I don't know where you stand politically, but you should give this dinner a try... it's republican, democrat, and independent friendly. And that's a promise that you can actually believe in. YES WE CAN!

**The photos of my grandparents are from Christmas and the food photos are from the amazing-ness of Eat Live Run & Giada. Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. This post totally made my day!
    Sometimes I feel like the only conservative out there. Considering that I live in Northern Virgina, it's highly likely that I am. Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog not to long ago and really enjoy reading it. I'm looking forward to election day and have my fingers crossed that Nancy Pelosi will be out of a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. In RED state Florida we are one of many, but for the 4 years we lived in Arlington/DC we were the cold hearted, cut throat, conservatives that people mocked. Our last year there was when George Allen made the mistake of saying Macaca. Those jokes will haunt me in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete