Tuesday, October 5, 2010

PERFECTION IS SO OVERRATED...

I am a type A, list making, neurotic over achiever. I like to have all my ducks in a row. I like to-do lists. I LOVE calendars. I like everything in its place. I like the idea of a perfect house, a perfect body, perfect teeth, and perfect weather.

I like to convince myself that if I could only plan better, make more lists/better lists, or work harder my life will straighten out, organize, and somehow become perfect.
Things are changing in the Republican household right now. Mr. R is taking on more responsibilities. I am getting more involved in community projects. We are adding a few new commitments to our plates. We are taking on a new roles in our family life. These changes are making life messy. They are making our house messy.

My calendar is full of activities and things get added and crossed out daily. I honestly don't want to even talk about my to-do list. My workouts are currently hit or miss. My dinners are packed full of veggies and fruits but they may be eaten at 4pm or even as late as 10 pm...
I think I have to face facts and realize I will never be Mrs. Perfect. I am going to read this book first. I hear it helps soften the blow that perfection isn't real.

But I do like the idea that maybe, just maybe, imperfect is the new beautiful.

1 comment: