Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Somedays just call for carbs...

I grew up in a Native American household. And in my house carbs came in the form of vegetables, more vegetables, and bread. My mom made her fair share of pasta, but it wasn't until college (when I lived in the land of Italians) that I fully understood the power of carbs.

In fact, the mother of one of my dorm mates swore women should eat MORE carbs because... carbs "help soothe the hormones".
Crampy, eat some ravioli...
Moody, have some gnocchi...
Irritated, eat a slice of pizza...

I am not sure what my "deal" is today/tonight. But when it came time to rustle up dinner. I NEEDED carbs. Ok, I didn't need the carbs in fact my thighs, bum, and belly could have used celery sticks instead of the carbs... but I wanted the starchy goodness nonetheless.

Hence, tonight's single girl dinner.
Pizza Margherita and pesto pasta.
Y-U-M!

And the final photo is for Sharon.
After I commented on your post about the new poang chairs.
I found him comfortably seated in ours!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, carbs. I'm a total sugar-addict and they fit in quite nicely.

    Kiya is not allowed on our new chairs (and yes, she's that good) but I have caught her a couple times using the Poang footstool to see better out the window.

    ReplyDelete