Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mr. R and the most magical place on earth!


Today we had plans for lots of laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, and grocery shopping. Not the most fun or exciting day, right? Mr. R suggested we take off and go to Disney, we have annual passes that were itching to be used. He said that we should blow off our chores and the responsibilities that come with being 28 and go ride roller coasters, see a parade, and shoot some aliens. How could I resist?
Today was beautiful and Disney is currently all decked out for fall. I think my favorite place on earth is Main Street USA. It looks just like Mr. R's hometown in NJ and it smells like brownies.

We started the day in Tomorrowland with Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear.
We fast passed Peter Pan's flight which treated us to a little London flashback complete with views of Tower Bridge and Big Ben.
The lines were nonexistent today so we also visited the Haunted Mansion,
Snow White's Adventure, Tom Sawyer Island, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
We ended our day with Pirates of the Caribbean and the celebration parade.
We are back home and lazy Sunday is in full effect. I am in yoga pants, eating cheesy rice, and Mr. R is working on Republican stuff. I am sure, later this week, when I am in the midst of grading, laundry, cooking, and republicing...I will cherish today.

It's not about the place (although Disney is amazing), but really it's about how much we laughed, how much we screamed,
how Mr. R beat the pants off me at killing aliens (167,000 to 47,000)
and finally, how Mr. R held my hand during the crazy train ride and the mystery mansion.
I must admit its pretty great being Mrs. Republican.

P.S. And... I may need to revisit this post a lot in the next few weeks leading up to the election.

1 comment: