Thursday, April 8, 2010

So I can run just as fast as I can...

Last night Mr. R and I went to small group and I had the pleasure of chatting with Suny, who is currently training for her first marathon. She plans to run Disney in January 2011. She has recently made the 20 minute milestone where she can continuously run for 20 minutes without stopping. She is following the couch to 5K program and she was literally beaming when she told me she had finished the program! I couldn't be more proud.
(photo taken by Katie Weber)

It was a little over a year ago that I completed the couch to 5K and just 6 months ago that I traveled to San Francisco to run the Nike Women's Marathon.

Suny's excitement, high spirits, and all around bubbliness made me excited for my run tonight. And even though it was only 3.5 miles and even though I was on a treadmill it was still a great run. I smiled the entire time and actually enjoyed the passing of each lap.

So thank you Suny for reminding me why I love running and why it is great to just get out there whether I run 3, 8, 18, or 26.

4 comments:

  1. So great! I had to start over on the couch to 5k today but I really love it and plan to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Megan! I am so glad you are continuing with the program. And congratulations on your new home. I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I could use some Suny in my life. I haven't run in 4 weeks and know I need to get our but just can't seem to get on the running shoes. I'm doing a 10K on Sunday and I think I'm holding out on that being the jump-kick I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there is nothing wrong with that! Sometimes a fun race with a free t-shirt is just what you need to remind you how fun it is to lace up the old shoes and get out there. Also, sometimes new music works for me too. Good luck on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete