Saturday, April 17, 2010

An intimate view of my life.

A friend introduced me to Mark Menjivar a documentary photographer who photographs the inside people's refrigerators. Menjivar was working on a film about hunger and discovered that people's refrigerators were the gateway to not only what they eat, but also what they value and how they spend their money.

At first I thought he was full of it. I mean really, what can a fridge full of food really tell you? But after a few photos, I had to eat my words. See his pictures below.
A mid-wife and middle school science teacher share this fridge. They believe in buying local and buying organic.

A street advertiser. If you have ever been/lived in NYC. You know how hard these guys work. It's amazing he/she had anything in this fridge at all!

The freezer of an NRA member.

And finally a bartender. Who gets home @ 8am and wakes up @ 4pm.

It's amazing how a few photos of a kitchen appliance can tell so much about a person. So to be fair, here is the my fridge.

What do you see?
We had a crazy week this week, hence the takeout containers.

We made a trip to COSTCO this morning. (So many fruits and vegetables!)
Our yummy cheese drawer. Does it say we are wine and cheese mongers?
Does our fridge scream a Republican and a wannabe hippie live here?
What would your fridge say about you?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, mine says I need to make a menu and go to the grocery store tomorrow.

    Or maybe it says I'm trying to cut back on spending.

    Or maybe it says I like to shop for only 2-3 days of food at a time.

    ReplyDelete