Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5: Joie de Vivre

I fellow blogger, Katherine, started the skinny pants challenge this week. What I love about her challenge is that while she is striving to fit in the pants of her dreams she is making healthy choices to get there.

I love a good challenge so I plan to join on in the fun.

Here is Katherine's plan:
1. Eat a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up.
2. Snack responsibly every few hours to avoid feeling like I want to eat my own arm.
3. Drink water instead of soda.
4. Control portions and meals but allow myself 1 free meal a week.
5. Walk or run 4 times a week, yoga twice a week.

I wouldn't be Hilary if I didn't tweak the plan a little bit, but for the most part I am keeping the same goals. I am too much of a snacker and have the tendency to go overboard, so I will not be snacking every few hours. Also I am not good at yoga. I can't relax enough to actually enjoy it so I am passing on that too.

Tonight's dinner was a inspired by a pantry raid and meets the requirements of healthy, contains at least 2 veggies, and has protein.
Dinner included: salmon burger from Costco (I LOVE these! Best purchase ever!), fancy lettuce (also from Costco) topped with blue cheese and served with parmesan couscous & green peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment