Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Madmen circa 2010

Tonight I will play Betty to my Don Draper. I will wear my nicest dress, top it with pearls and accessories. I will make small talk with strangers and nod politely at political comments. I will clap when the candidate takes the stage and I will pretend to listen as he gives yet another vanilla stump speech. I will stand next to Mr. Republican as he works the room and make sure to remember the new names and faces we will meet. I will support my husband in his future goals to make this county a better place to live and work. At least I get to wear my new pink dress!

2 comments:

  1. God Bless You! You are a wonderful and supportive wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Sharon! It wasn't as tough as I thought and they had really good wine. Wine always helps!

    ReplyDelete