Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3: Joie de Vivre

I am wearing a swimsuit today.

Last summer, I was at my ultimate heaviest and I stopped wearing bathing suits. Even as a marine science instructor, read swimming required, I would only wear shorts and a t-shirt to cover up my body.

I went to the beach with Mr. R today and took off my cover-up letting the world (really just the fellow beach goers) see my lumps, bumps, and freckles.

I didn't quite feel beautiful. Actually, I wasn't really all that a peace with myself either. But the important part was I was there and I wasn't covered head to toe.

2 comments:

  1. Go you! I felt the same way about wearing shorts last summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I feel like that uncomfortable feeling is sometimes the motivation I need to improve the situation. Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete