Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Warriors...


In my first few years out of college I was the essential weekend warrior. I worked ridiculously hard all week, 60+ hours or more, went to grad school Monday -Thursday nights, and let loose like a crazy person from Thursday night (after class) until Saturday night, when I would usually pass out from sheer exhaustion (and sometimes over intoxication). Although these warrior days are only two years ago, for Mr. R. and I the definition of weekend warrior has changed drastically.

This weekend I have a mile long "to-do" list of house projects, meetings, and a dinner with friends. I love my weekends, but now they are starting to feel even more jammed pack than my work week.

Here is the to do list... let's hope I can make a dent in it before Sunday night at 11:00pm

Clean out and scrub refrigerator -success!
mop kitchen floor -success!
clean out cabinets and pantry -success!
mop wood floors with orange glow (I love the shine & smell afterward) -postponed
dust Casa Republican -success!
Shampoo carpets - failed :(
Buy new bedding for master bedroom - postponed
Clean closet and switch out all winter clothes - success!
Mounds of LAUNDRY!!! -semi success
Clean out gutters - success!
Find dress for next weekend's festivities - success!
Clean bathrooms (scrub toilets, shower, and vanities) -failed :(
mop bathroom floors - failed :(
trim bushes - success!
drinks and dinner with Roy & Jen - success!
movie date with Mr. R - postponed
Clean out cars: vacuum and shampoo car interior - postponed
wash & scrub shower curtains -postponed
buy new pillows for bedroom -postponed
cook for Sunday dinner party (dinner part was postponed and we ate Coney dogs instead!)
grocery shop - success!

No comments:

Post a Comment