Monday, May 18, 2009

My knight in shining armor...


It's not often I play damsal in distress. Every once in a while I may need Mr. R to zip up my dress or fasten a bracelet, but for the most part I am pretty self reliant. My commute home today started in a deluge of rain and after exiting the interstate I found myself driving through a giant puddle. My car stalled out immediatly and I found myself stranded in the right lane of a major county road. Luckly a police man pushed me to the shoulder where I wait for Mr. R to come to my rescue.


We ended up sitting in my car and waiting for AAA to arrive. We talked for the enitre 60 minutes just catching up on our day, the plan for our week, and tossing out vacation destination ideas. The waiting was miserable and the rain refused to let up, but the time we had alone together was wonderful. No cell phones, tv, computers, or work to distract us.


Tonight should be rather uneventful. I am making Rachel Rays Philly Joes for dinner and plan to curl up with my newest used book store find. (I am loving Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble Series)


Stay Dry and let's pray the cabrio is back in working condition VERY SOON!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment