Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taboo, tea, rainy tuesday...


On my effort to watch less TV, blog more, and spend more quality time with the hubs and pups.. I spent tonight in my softest sweats playing taboo with Mr. R. It has rained for a solid 48 hours here in no-longer sunny Florida and running seemed like too much of an effort tonight. I'm no longer feeling sick, but the rain zaps all my energy.


I left school a bit early today to avoid the massive puddles and traffic on I-95. The pups were desperately in need of a walk, but the rain was showing no signs of letting up anytime soon. I threw on a hat, grabbed an umbrella and the leashes and the pups and I took off for an afternoon stroll in the pouring rain. We came home soaked, but I did manage to get them do their business. (My carpet is grateful!) I figured since they were soaked I would bathe them and while they put up a great fuss the entire time, they are currently prancing around the living room feeling pretty. I think the treats I bribed them with after might have something to do with the new attitude too.


Dinner tonight needed to be quick and effortless. After cleaning the kitchen, bathing the dogs, grabbing a quick shower myself, and grading a few quizzes...soup and sandwiches sounded fantastic. I seriously thank God for Costco at least twice a week. They have ready made soups that are tasty and low in ww points. Tonight we split crab and corn soup with oven broiled ham and cheese open faced croissant sandwiches. It took me a total of 5 minutes to prep and 7 minutes to cook. Yum!


In honor of my mini media fast Jeff and I played taboo. It turns out we are a great guessing team! 25,000 dollar pyramid here we come!


My tea has just come to a boil and my new Rachael Ray magazine begs to be pursued. Hopefully we might just see the sun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment