Monday, May 4, 2009

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...

And that is what we ate tonight. Chicken dinner I mean, after I took all of 10 minutes to write our weekly menu last night I discounted it completely and made tossed salad topped with chicken, mandarin oranges, almonds, wonton strips, and fancy dressing. By fancy I mean it cost more than $2 at Walmart. I bought it in the refrigerator section not the regular dressing aisle.

Instead of going to the gym we made an extended trip to Target tonight in search of Mother's Day gifts for my Momma and The Grand Lady (Mr. R's Mom). Momma is an avid reader and loves girlie beach reads. I choose two of my favorites for her. I devoured these over Christmas and Spring Break. They are trashy books, that will shock you with language, and do not diplay one lick of Christian values or character. They are however addiciting to read. I heart Janet Evonovich. The Grand Lady is a bit harder to shop for. She recently had knee surgery and has stopped her usual activities of gardening and water aerobics. She will be receiving a subscription to Real Simple Magazine. I really hope she'll like the purchase. It was between that and Rachael Ray's mag, and I must always remind myself that not everyone loves Ms. Ray as much as I do.

I must admit I am a little obsessed with a new blog a I came across. Its' written by a beautiful mother of three in Alabama. She is a strong Christian, wonderful caregiver, prayer warrior, and from what I read, a humble, yet fantastic Mom. When I grow up I hope to be a little (or maybe a lot) like her. Check out her blog here: http://flythroughmywindow.blogspot.com/

As Mr. R and I begin our 4th year of marriage, first year of home ownership, and future baby planning I can't help but imagine what I will be like in a few years with a few toddlers in tow. I hope I am as cool, calm, collected and prayerful as Darby.

No comments:

Post a Comment