Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank you!

To our veterans both past and current, thank you for giving up your lives, your loves, and your comforts to fight for my freedom. I am in awe of your sacrifice, bravery, and courage.

On this Memorial Day Mr. R and I will be attending a BBQ at my grandparents. On this day I am very thankful to: be living in a free nation, have the right to vote, go to church, and to speak my mind. I am also very thankful to not have to cook tonight!

Getting back to the norm, here is my weekly menu post. We are trying to eat out of the pantry this week and only by fresh fruits and veggies. I have had to get a little more creative with the staples this week to use what we have, but its all for a good cause! All money saved goes to the vacation fund.

Monday: BBQ at the Grands. (Free!)

Tuesday: Beer marinated crockpot pork served in soft tortillas with blackbeans & spanish rice. (I got pork tenderloins on sale at Costco. And while they were a great deal, they have been sucking up primo space in my freezer!)

Wednesday: Dinner out to celebrate Lindsay's 25th!

Thursday: Ravioli with meatballs (& leftover sausage), green salad with Italian dressing

Friday: BBQ with friends. Blue cheese bacon sliders, cheddar stuffed hotdogs, baked beans, and potato salad. To drink: Rachael Ray's burbon mint iced tea.

Saturday: BBQ leftovers

Sunday: Homemade Pesto Pizza, ceasar salad, (my new favorite from Total Wine) Vihno Verde, & strawberry shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment