Sunday, May 24, 2009

Congratulations Peter & Molly!

Although I may not look like it, I am a hopeless romantic who swoons to love songs, cries at weddings, and loves a happy ending. Last night, Mr. R and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two of our college students Molly & Peter.

They are two of the most precious and genuine people we have ever met. They love Christ with all their heart and you can see that his love is not only present in their individual lives, but in their love for each other.

I think my favorite part of any wedding is hearing the vows the bride and groom pledge to each other. In a world plagued by divorce, adultery, self-love, and anger it is refreshing to be inspired by young love promising to be faithful in sickness, health, poverty, and riches until Jesus calls them home. The vows inspire me to reflect on my own marriage and remember that I promised not only love Mr. R when he is lovely and kind, but also in times of anger when neither of us is beautiful.
The reception, the decorations, the girls were all gorgeous...and Mr. R and I got to tear it up on the dance floor! (Oh and the wedding cake was amazing!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a great time! I didn't realize it was "Molly" until Carl told me about the wedding this weekend :) She was a beautiful bride and looks simply lovely and completely filled with joy, especially in that first picture!

    Great picture of you and Mr. R too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple and great thoughts. Oh, and I love your necklace!

    Found you through Mrs. Newlywed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The necklace is Premier round and round its a steal for under $30!

    ReplyDelete