Sunday, May 3, 2009

Date Night!

I need to start by saying that I do realize Mr. R and I are young married who are childless and could have a date night every night because we are home along together. However, do to work schedules, meetings, and daily chores, we end up eating quick dinners most nights on our porch. The conversation is usually always about work and the house renovation. We try to plan a date night every two weeks where we leave all house talk, work talk, and most republican talk at home to focus on each other and do something "fun and exciting". I put this in quotes because fun and exciting to us, it usually not all that exciting.

Yesterday started off horrible and now our baby plans have taken a true backseat, but I digress. Saturday morning is weight watchers weigh in for me. I came home excited to tell Mr. R of my 4 pounds lost only to see him on all fours scrubbing the carpet! Sophie had eaten something last night (most likely poop) and had thrown up ALL over the house. Living room, office, our bed, and the hall! As most of you know Soph and Simon are the pre-children. We treat them like babies and we were scared to death. Sophie continued to throw up most of the afternoon while still begging for walks and treat. Do real, human children, act this strangely when sick too?

We finally got Sophster straightened out around 4 and headed to Jax for a pre Cinco de Mayo celebration. I got the mojito I had been wanting the try and it was wonderful. Mangoes and mojitos are a better combo than pb and j. We ate fantastic Mexican food until our heart were content and our bellies were a little more than full. And I think we have decided we are not ready for children. As cute as babies look and I am in LOVE with little girl clothes at the moment, we are just not financially or mentally ready right now. For those of you who are still question us as to when we are EVER going to be ready, I am thinking three years. Hopefully by then the house will be finished!
Hope you had a great Saturday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment