Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blessing in disguise?

Every night before I collapse of exhaustion I pray. Usually I pray for forgiveness, patience, and wisdom. Last night I prayed for understanding. I found out yesterday that I did not get hired for my typical summer job. It's fantastic summer money and in fact last summer it paid the down payment on our home. The letter I got telling me about my non-employable status rambled on about the economy, school budget, and lack of money to hire back summer teachers. I was so angry at first. Angry becuase I expected the job to be mine and also angry becuase I was greedily counting the money I planned to be making this summer.

I have no idea why I will not be working Marine Science camp this summer, but I can take solace in the fact that God in HIS infinite wisdom has decied a new plan for this June. I talked to Mr. Republican last night and he thinks I have been working too hard with no breaks for too long and that a summer of may do me some good.

I can't imagine how I will be spendigng this summer...part-time job? take new classes at the gym? reading fantastic books that I have been eyeing at the library? logging sunny hours pool side or volunteering at the hospital and red cross?

I am kind of nervous about having so much time all to myself. I can't imagine I will be bored, after all I could always work on the house! I am looking forward to naps, sleeping in, and more time with the hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment