Friday, May 8, 2009

I feel like I have become the weird girl.

You remember her right? The girl with the pigtail braids, in mismatched socks, buster brown loafers and the bad retainer. She used to sit behind you in fourth grade. You never invited her to eat lunch with you. Her lunch always smelled weird and it never had any good stiff like Little Debbies or snack packs. She didn't go to your birthday party although your mom made you go to hers. And her weird parents didn't even serve birthday cake! It was some kind of no sugar organic pudding crap! And this was before organic was cool. Sorry for the melodramatic post. I am just feeling left out and awkward. It reminds me of my chubby middle school days when I had more tummy than boobs.
This year I turned 27 and I am in between friends right now. I have single awesome friends who are having a blast partying like rock stars and dating up a storm. They have tales of fabulous nights out among the beautiful people. This of course is all happening while I am safely tucked into bed at 10pm. I also have beautiful mommy friends who plan play dates. They always have little ones in tow and plan their days around naps, feedings, and mommy and me classes. I feel like I am caught between two worlds right now and I would love to have a friend or two sitting in the USS awkward with me.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Hilary I will be in-between friends with you!! I can totally relate. But remember that it could be worse. You are building a beautiful life!! If it makes you feel any better, I never had snack packs at school.My boobs are the same size if not I fear smaller than they were in middle school! And talk about reverting....I'm considering braces again!! The epidomy of awkward. Let's get together outside of school one of these days :) I just found your blog but it made me miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm right there with you, girl. We really do need to hang out outside of our classrooms!

    ReplyDelete