Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Made my Monday

Monday was my first day back to work after 16 glorious days of vacation. And while mentally I was ready to go back to work, I wasn't ready to leave Pip. These last two weeks have been amazing, lots of quality time playing, swinging, dancing, painting, crafting, and reading. And I am honestly a little sad that no one will ask me to wear a tiara and princess jewels today. Pip was especially sweet yesterday morning. She helped me make coffee, we had cereal together, and watched Ocotonauts. I hugged her extra tight and was off, ahead of schedule I may add! 

What made my Monday is that I have a job that ends at 3:00PM. 
I am able to be home during daylight hours for snacks, afternoon walks, trips to the park, and the afternoon showing of Olivia on Nick Junior. Being a stay at home mother, even for just a few weeks,  is a wonderful privilege and going back to work today makes the time I had off even more special.
 While I made my breakfast smoothie and packed my lunch, Pip was busily preparing her own concoction in her play kitchen. She served the dogs felt orange slices, wooden cookies, and a rolling pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment