Thursday, January 17, 2013

English Muffin Bread

 There has been a bread recipe going around pinterest for a while claiming to taste just like English muffins. We love English muffins at Casa Republican. But in an effort to eat healthier/cleaner, English muffins have been on the "No, thank you list". 
We have been trying to avoid/eliminate preservatives and white flour. Flour and I are not friends anymore thanks to a little thing called gluten.
I tweaked the recipes some, subbing in whole wheat flour (a little better for me, but still NOT gluten free) and eliminating the butter. A little olive oil on the bread pan or a few squirts of pam does the same things. 
And 2.5 hours later we had homemade bread, perfect for Pip's breakfast and Mr. R.'s afternoon snacking habit.
I tried my piece last night and I can tell you it tastes amazing with strawberry jam. 
I think the best part is even the slices have the famous nooks and crannies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment