Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weekly Workout Rundown (it seems like my weeks run Thurday - Wednesday)

Following in the footsteps of MegaNerd, here is my weekly workout rundown.

Thursday: 3 mile run
Friday: Kettlebells (resistance training)
Saturday: NONE
Sunday: 4 mile walk/run
Monday: 35 minutes on the eliptical and ab work
Tuesday: Kettlebell workout (resistance training)
Wednesday: 35 minutes on the Arc Trainer and ab work

Mileage: 7 miles total, longest run 3 miles

I love that I have discovered kettlebells. They are definetly forcing me to add resistance and weightlifting to my workout routine, but man is it hard! I am three weeks in and it is not getting easier AT ALL! In fact somedays I think the afterburn (post workout pain) feels worse than it did in the beginning. I think I need to add more stretching to my workouts so I am on the lookout for a good yoga class on the cheap. As much as I would love to go back to Bikram yoga I don't think my body is ready yet. I think I will be hitting up the YMCA for some beginner yoga instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment