Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Floridian Birthday!

Danielle turned 31 on July 10th! She is my teaching partner in crime, my running buddy, and my sounding board. We have similar tastes in clothing, cheesecake, and TV shows. She makes my work days fly by and is always up for chats over coffee after school.  Did I mention that she is PREGNANT!?! I am hopping that Piper and Baby J (my nickname for Danielle's bambino) will be awesome friends.
Last night we stepped out to downtown St. Augustine for dinner and had the BEST shrimp and grits OF MY LIFE! (Mom, if you are reading this we are totally going when you come visit). Mr. R. ordered the chicken and dumplings and I kept stealing bites when he wasn't looking. So good! (The dumplings were made from sweet potatoes and the cornbread is honey filled and made from scratch). I also love that all the drinks are served in Mason jars, I am telling you, the place had me at hello!
Piper was also invited to the celebration. It was her first real outing (with people other than family and it was during her dinner time and we were PRAYING she would behave). She was AWESOME! Piper took her bottle like champ, she charmed our friends, fellow patrons, and even fell asleep at the table (she knew it was her bedtime after all). 

I am trying not to get too excited, but I think this breakthrough may give Jeff and I more freedom. 
I see a few family date nights in our future!

1 comment: