Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week in the Life: Weekend Lens


Remember This: I love traditions. In fact one the of the most exciting things about marriage for me is that Mr. R. and I get to make our own traditions as a family. Our current tradition is pancakes on weekend mornings. The new fave is banana pancakes with honey and pecans.
 Observations: Everything is better when Mom is here. Family dinners, evening strolls, even a screaming baby is more tolerable when you are surrounded by family.
Favorite Moments: My grandfather and Piper already have an amazing bond. She lights up when she sees him and smiles and laughs when he makes faces.
Best: I love our church and church community. I love that Jeff and I have found an extended family here in Florida that we can grow with. And I love that they love our daughter just as much as I do. 
 
Worst: I am feeling so so tired recently. I know that having a newborn is exhausting. I know that this time will pass soon and that these late nights will seem like a distant memory, but right now I would give my left arm for 8 uninterrupted hours. 
Love this story: Mr. R. and I are not wonders in the kitchen, but what we eat we make together. We each have a say as to what goes on our table and through out the 5 years of our marriage our pallets have become more adventurous and our cookings skills have become more advanced. I love that we try a new recipe each week. I love that we are no longer stuck in a pasta/meat & potatoes rut. In two hours, (this Saturday afternoon), we made Enchilada soup, Peperocini beef, and Cobb Salad pasta

 Recipe: Chicken Enchilada Soup: This is a one pot recipe that is make in my favorite appliance THE CROCKPOT! Layer the following: two chicken breasts, 1 red onion diced, 3 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 can of black beans drained, 1 14oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 quart of chicken broth, 1 can of enchilada sauce (red), 1 cup of masa harina (whisked in with two cups of water), 1 tsp. of cumin, 1 tsp. of chili powder, 1/2 tsp. of salt.  Place the lid on your crock and turn it to low. Cook for 8-10 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment