Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week in Our Life: Thursday

Remember This: Piper's visit with G&P. We took our nightly walk and made a detour by my grandparents house. She squealed, cooed, and smiled for the entire visit. She definitely recognizes their faces and voices now. My grandfather (who we call Palsy (pronounced Pal-Z) is totally trying to make his name her first word. I have been working on Piper saying Mama for months now, but I think with him I have some serious competition :)
Observations: Piper passed out in the bouncy chair this afternoon. I fed her and Jeff offered to bounce her while I showered. When I came back to check on her she was zonked out in her seat while Jeff continued working on client requests. I guess she doesn't find Federal Procurement as exhilarating as her Daddy does. 
 Favorite Moments: At Casa Republican I have been trying to celebrate the everyday. My goal is to be grateful for the little things and to remember just how blessed I really am. That being said, we introduced Champers Thursday. We broke about the bubbly and the red velvet cake. What are we celebrating? Our health, the gorgeous summer weather, good friends, our beautiful daughter, clean sheets, and that tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Best: Having lunch with Danielle and finding out she is having a healthy baby girl! Piper and Little J are going to be awesome friends! I cannot wait for dress-up days, tea parties, and mommy daughter lunches. 
Worst: We are experiencing some changes on the Republican home front. And while changes can be good they can also be VERY SCARY. I am trying to embrace those changes with open arms and excitement, but I just wish we could jump to the next step already!
Love this story: I have a cup of coffee with creamer every morning while I feed Piper. When I finish the cup I place it on the floor next to the chair where I sit. For the past week when I go to put the cup in the dishwasher (later in the day) it is never in the place where I left it. Sometimes it's under the chair, sometimes it's by the sliding glass door, and sometimes it's under Pip's bouncy seat. Today I found out the mystery behind the moving cup. Sophie (our dachshund) has been licking the cup to get the last of the coffee creamer after I finish. She pushes and moves the cup as she licks it. Thanks goodness I have policy to never use the same cup twice!
Recipe: Tonight I made Jenna's gnocchi with goat cheese and tomatoes. I added onion and spinach to my version and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment