Friday, July 1, 2011

Ring my bell!

I have to admit that song gets me everytime. If it ever comes on the radio while driving you will defently get to hear my beautiful singing voice (lots of sarcasm here) and my sweet 70s dance moves. But I digress...

The real reason for the post is to talk about my new love/hate relationship with the kettlebell. One of the things I didn't realize about my new role in post pregnancy mommyhood is that even when you return to your pre-baby weight not everything goes back to where it should.

I actually weigh less now than I did before getting pregnant, but my hips are wider, my muscles are flabbier, and my abs well they are now hidden under a layer of soft adipose tissue. I love Pip very very much, but I am not too happy with what she did to my hard earned runners body. I am back to running 2-3 days a week averaging 3 - 3.5 miles a run, but running doesn't do a whole lot for my arms and or lower abs. Hence my new relationship.

Blog friends, meet the kettlebell.

It shows no remorse for the pain it gives me. It takes names. It wipes the floor with my triceps and laughs at the face of anguish I make while squatting... just one more time.

To be honest the workout is quite awesome. I sweat more than I have in a long time and it really does require me to push past what I think I can do. Each class is a challenge and I walk out feeling accomplished even if I still can't do a cross over push up.

I am hoping to spend the rest of my summer making nice with kettlebell and hopefully by the time labor day rolls around I will have the biceps to prove it was all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. My friend at the gym loves her kettlebells. Our gym doesn't have any, so she brings them from home to use before our Body Combat class. I hope your bell gives you the biceps you want!

    ReplyDelete