Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mr. R and I agree on very few things.

We don't like the same, music, TV shows, or movies. We rarely have the same interest in books. In our marriage compromise is truly a daily or sometimes hourly thing. However... we both LOVE pancakes. Seriously, we are pancake people. And weekends call for delicious syrup covered hot cakes made from scratch or with the help of Aunt Jemima.
I used to make pancakes on the stove in my trusty orange skillet, but now we have MOVED UP in the world. Meet Rex, our griddle.
(Yes, we do name the appliances in our house, btw, Millie the microwave is on her last legs).
 With the addition of Rex,  pancake Sunday took all of 5 minutes to accomplish.
Today's cakes feature banana and blueberries because I firmly believe the addition of fruit makes them healthy.
 For more delicious and less nutritious pancake varieties check out Jessica at How Sweet It Is.

1 comment:

  1. I just threw my "Rex" away. It was well loved and looking a little sad. I should get a new one because we love pancakes, too.

    Also, Craig and I agree on very little, as well. It's good to know we're not the only ones. We're not polar opposites, but we disagree on just enough things to make our marriage, um, interesting. And often times, LOUD. :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete