Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week in Our Life: Wednesday


Remember This: Peek-a-Boo! We learned today that Piper likes to play peek-a-boo. Our babysitter Rita discovered that if you cover you face and say peek-a-boo Piper squeals and laughs! She also loves when Rita sings the ABCs and yells P is for Piper (after the letter P of course!).
 Observations: You can't please all the people all the time. I spent today in training again and while our new observation program and learning goals are new and different they will really help me tailor my classroom to student needs and streamline my workload. However, when you are in a room with 40 other voices it becomes very easy to be swayed to the dark side. I just had to tell myself that nothing (no matter how good is it) will ever meet the needs of everyone or make every last person happy. I just need to do my job to the best of my abilities and stay very far away from the Negative Nancys of the world. 
Favorite Moments: Piper's library arrived today! My mom (aka Mimi) has been packing up my childhood books and shipping them down here for Pip. We received our first boxes back in January (they were full of my favorite Bernstein Bear classics and Dr. Seuss). The second shipment arrived today and they contained animal picture books and the Sesame Street Letter Library. Tonight we read Piper Volume 2, all about they letters C,D and the number 2. 

C is for cookie and it's good enough for me!

Best: We were able to attend small group tonight. (our church's form of Bible study fellowship) It was great to see old friends, catch up, share our prayer requests, and allow them to meet Piper. I know I have said to before, but it really is amazing to watch others shower your baby with love. We are blessed to be surrounded by such good people. 
Worst: Gnats! We have been having a rainy summer here in Florida. The nice thing about rain is our lawn looks fantastic, our water bill is lower than ever, and we are no longer under draught warnings. The bad news is it is BUG CITY here in St. Augustine. Gnats attack you when you walk the dog, go to the pool, get out of the car, basically if you dare to step outside you dare to become one with the gnats.
Love this story: Our friends Amy and Dean have the most adorable six year old. He told everyone at small group tonight that TOMORROW HE WILL BE SIX! He told each of us individually and he was so excited to talk about his birthday and all the excitement and surprises that were waiting for him. Next year I will turn 30 and I can only hope I will be as excited about a new age, a new decade, and all the excitement and surprises I have waiting for me. 
Recipe: Vegetarian Chicken Parmesan: faux chicken patty + whole wheat spaghetti + tomato sauce + Mozzarella cheese. Cook spaghetti as directed on box and toss with the tomato sauce. Microwave the chicken patty (2 mins) and top with cheese. Serve chicken patty on top of the spaghetti. (Do not tell your husband the meal is meatless. Usually he can't tell!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment