Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week In Our Life: Friday

Remember This: If Piper ever refuses to sleep all we need to do is take her to the beach. 10 minutes in to our beach stroll Pip was passed out in the stroller enjoying the breeze. 
Observations: Friday night water ice can change my whole out look. I am not going to lie, this week has been a tough one. By Friday afternoon I was spent mentally, physically, and socially. The last thing I wanted to do was have date night, but at Mr. R's insistence we headed to the island for white sand, fresh air, and Rita's water ice. We have a tradition at Casa Repub. of ordering different things, sampling each other's choices and then voting on who made the best decision. Mr. R. ordered a lemon cream pie water ice and he was the clear winner. It was well worth the calories!
Favorite Moments: Singing loudly (and off key) to Journey while riding home from the beach. "When the lights go down in the city..."

Best: TGIF! Enough said.
Worst: Massive house cleaning required. I don't know how two adults, a newborn, and two pups can do so much damage to a house. But believe me, it is totally possible.
Love this story: I took Pipe to the pool and a little boy and his grandmother where also swimming. He asked if Piper was a boy and his grandmother was so embarrassed. She kept saying, "look at her pink swimsuit and her pink float. How on earth could you think that cute baby girl is a boy!". And then he answered, "her haircut is just like mine! See it sticks up in the front and is short on top. She has great hair like me!" 
Recipe: Jalepeno popper black bean burgers. I followed this recipe, but subbed in a pre-made Morningstar Farm black bean burger for the ground beef version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment