Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week in Our Life: Tuesday

Remember This: I want to remember how much I love teaching. I attended an 8 hour workshop today where I was talked to death. Lots of changes will be happening to my school and my classroom this year and I want to make sure I don't get bogged down in the process and lose the joy I have when I am working with my students. I also want to make sure I don't fall in to the trap of negative talk. Negativity steals joy and if anything, I have a lot to be joyful about this year. 
Observations: I can be a working mom! Today I was gone from my baby for 8 hours. I managed to pump milk (three times!) and still attend all my workshops and take copious pages of notes. I have to admit I was really worried about being able to still feed Piper when I went back to school full time. Today was like a practice work day and while it wasn't always easy, I managed and she was fine. 
Favorite Moments: I walked in the door at 4:00 and I was greeted by ALL my loved ones. This summer I have been home 20 hours a day only leaving the house twice a day for a trip to the gym and one errand. And sometimes being home ALL DAY LONG and can make me feel under appreciated. Today when I walked in Jeff and the pups were waiting to greet me and my girl was all smiles and kisses. I felt like a rockstar. 
Best: Family story time before bed. They very hungry caterpillar is our new fave. 
Worst: I was so hopping to grab a swim today, but its raining. I know I shouldn't complain because we REALLY need the rain. But I really like swimming
Love this story: We live in a very friendly neighborhood. Many of our neighbors watched me grow all through my pregnancy and were so excited to finally meet Piper. Now when we take afternoon walks as a family they come outside to talk to us, pet the pups, and see how much Piper has grown. If it takes a village to raise a child, I think we have it covered. 
Recipe: Tonight we ordered takeout. After working, working out, and cleaning the house I needed a break. Thankfully China Cafe came to my rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment