Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Daily Eats 9/30

I was running late this morning so breakfast had to be made to go. I used a container of blueberry Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of granola, 5 strawberries, and 1/4 cup of Cheerios. I think this is my favorite breakfast yet. Mr. R calls this my Swedish breakfast because apparently in Sweden they use yogurt instead of milk in their cereal. (Who knew?)
I spent my morning grading papers and updating my grade book. The end of first quarter is quickly approaching and my "to grade" pile is seemingly never ending. Although I made a HUGE dent in it today!


I was commenting to Danielle this morning that today really resembled my life three years ago when I was still working as an engineer. I used to spend my days in front of a computer screen entering numbers with my bottle of water, snack, and trust pens by my side. The only thing distinguishing today from three years ago was that instead of calculating nitrates and phosphorus percentages; I was calculating student averages.

My fancy new water bottle with my favorite pens. Truth be told, I only write with one type of pen. (This is one of the reasons Mr. R calls me Monkish).
My lunch featured more of the same today. Spinach quiche and fruit. Mr. R refuses to eat quiche, something about it not being manfood. This actually works out for me because I end up with a weeks worth of lunch leftovers from one dinner. The fruit is from the same Publix fruit bowl I bought on Sunday. I am so sad that its gone now. I guess its apples for me the rest of this week.
Fall has finally come to Florida. We have the windows open, the screen door open and the pups and I played outside while dinner cooked. I am so excited to be able to run and not start out immediately sweaty!These are new pictures of the pups from outside our living room window.
They love the new ottoman.
I can never get Simon to look at the camera!

And here is Sophie, just because she is adorable.

This was dinner tonight, strawberry salad with Gorgonzola and crasins.
And BBQ chicken pizza for Mr. R.
I did sneak a piece too. It just smelled so good!

2 comments:

  1. I love that BBQ chicken pizza!
    P.S.
    I have something for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited...going to check it now!

    ReplyDelete