Tuesday, September 22, 2009

She's now gone meatless.

This is actually a phrase from a favorite MONK episode of mine. Say what you want about me being old and having bad taste in television, I LOVE that show. In the episode my title phrase turns out to be a Russian phrase that means "this is not my coat".

In my life this phrase means, I going back to my old vegetarian ways. In the past two weeks, I have been feeling awful after eating meat. Some nights I just have an all over crappy feeling and yet others I feel nauseous.

Up until 4 years ago, I almost never ate meat. In fact, during my years of grad school I was a vegetarian. I think my body just works better and I feel better, when I am not eating meat.

I talked over my new veggie status with Mr. R and we decided to have our first week of meatless meals. (Well, meatless for me and semi-meatless for Mr. R). He swears he needs meat to live. Considering I am also off of soy products, this weeks menu is a bit of a trial & error for me.

Monday: Spicy Sweet Potato soup with spinach quiche
Tuesday: Leftover soup & pecan, cranberry, blue cheese salad (Loving the new Sargento salad sensation in the produce aisle)
Wednesday: Costco Orange Chicken (for Mr. R) with brown rice and roasted veggies (for me)
Thursday: Whole wheat penne pasta with vodka sauce (out of the jar).
Friday: Out! Mr. R and I are having a date night with friends.

Wish me luck on my new veggies endeavour. And let's hope my stomach feels better about the healthy choices I am trying to make.

1 comment:

  1. Hilary,
    If you are looking for more meatless recipes check us out at www.meatlessmonday.com. We post new ones each Monday when we encourage people to go meatless one day a week - Monday! Good luck on all your meatless endeavors!
    ~VP

    ReplyDelete